Sunday, March 11, 2012

Blue Elephant Restaurant Bangkok

Blue Elephant Restaurant, Bangkok

I can't believe that I have only just created this blog and most of the entries are devoted to Thai cuisine. Oh well, I guess you can never truly hide what you love and desire, and in my case, it usually doesn't get much better than Thai Food. This Thai institution in Bangkok, came with very high praise so I knew that I had to try it.

Walking into Blue Elephant is like walking into a piece of history, and boy is there quite a story to this building, from being the Bombay Department store, to the Thai Chinese Chamber of Commerce, to being occupied by the Japanese, to its current reincarnation as Blue Elephant. The colonial styled mansion is over 100 years old (built in 1903) and you can instantly feel the warmth and atmosphere of the place along with its long and illustrious history, much like the Raffles building in Singapore.

The service is absolutely divine, the food is impeccable and like I have made mention already, the environment is second to none. I will again, let the pictures do the talking and when in Bangkok next, please vista this eatery, you can even do the famed Thai cooking class if you dare!

Fresh Spring Rolls and Soup

Mixed BBQ Platter of Chicken & Beef Skewers

Khang Khao Phuak

BBQ Chicken wrapped in Banana Leaves

Royal Omlette


Mango, Sticky Rice & Coconut Icecream


For more information on Blue Elephant:


No comments:

Post a Comment