Saturday, February 4, 2012

Lynn Shanghai Cuisine

Lynn Shanghai

I often wonder what the dining experience must have been like in the 50's and 60's, where it was not uncommon for the owner to swan around to each table, having a brief chat about the food whilst topping up your drink, almost like a host or hostess schmoozing you, leaving an impression that you (and your party) were the only people dining at that particular time. I am pleased to say that I have found just the place that embodies all this whilst serving the most delicious Shanghainese food I have ever eaten, Lynn Shanghai Cuisine in Sydney.

I remember when I first visited Lynn Shanghai back in November 2011 and thought that it was quite unusual to have a Chinese restaurant in what used to be the old Catholic club on Castlereagh Street, but never the less I was still open to something new. Thank god that my stomach seems to always override any logic that I may have, as I would have missed out on something quite special.

I would like to say that I could honestly remember what the first thing I ate there was, but I would be a liar. So I will now go through some of the dishes that I have eaten there over the last four or so months, kind of like my "signature dish picks". These are them:

Shallot Pancakes

Cucumber Rolls with Garlic & Chili

Famous Shanghai Steamed Pork Buns

Shredded Chicken with Bean Jelly in Peanut Sauce

Baked Sesame Pockets with sautéed Chicken Mince, Preserved Vegetables with Pine Nuts

Steamed Pumpkin Pastry Dumpling filled with Lotus Paste

Owners, Theresa Tea & Dennis Chair have created something unique in Sydney with their restaurant, and its not necessarily the dishes, decor or even service which mind you, are all fantastic. Rather, she has brought back the "personal touch" to the restaurant game which in this era of "fast food" is a long overdue welcomed change. I have personally encountered her warmth and genuine ability to make everyone feel like "they are the only one dining" on a number of occasions and have also witnessed this special touch being given to many other customers. This is a must for all lovers of fine Chinese cuisine, brilliant service and a fabulous "hostess with the mostest", Ms. Theresa Tea.

For more information on Lynn Shanghai:

http://www.lynnshanghaicuisine.com.au/lynn_shanghai_cuisine.html



No comments:

Post a Comment